Following information can also be found on official www.childrenstheatreexchange.com website
Our theatre is in a constant search for new friends, new experiences, new ways of expression! This is how this project was born and it proved to be one of the most breathtaking journeys we’ve ever had!
We are looking for new theatre companies who want to meet with us and EXCHANGE!
Goal of the project:
Children’s Theatre Exchange provides an opportunity for children who participate in theatre groups of various cities to find friends with similar interests; exchange and share their theatre experience; broaden perception of the theatre world; learn to engage into open discussions about each other’s work skilfully and professionally; and find joy in collective creation with new people.
- Participants are children’s theatre collectives only. The age of performers is up to 18 years old.
- Theatre shows can be done in any genre and use any language of presentation.
- Children’s shows can be either presented just for the circle of participants or can be open to general public.
- In the end of the program, all children are required to prepare reviews/ feedback/ sketches/ video material about their participation and impressions. That feedback will be published for wide audiences to look at.
This will help children to summarize and form an opinion about impressions from their experience; learn to discuss creative work of their friends professionally; have an opportunity to try out the profession of theatre critic.
- Children are required to participate actively in organization of all the gathering. The teachers should give children maximum opportunity to be involved in every area of the process.
The goal is to let children to try themselves not only in the role of actors, but also experience other theatre professions: designers, critics, managers, ushers, backstage crew, etc.
- Participating theatres should agree on the program specifics, technical requirements, any specifics of each given collective IN ADVANCE.
- Participating theatres are responsible for their budget, have to look for financial support to make the project happen and should help each other as much as possible.
What is expected from participating theatres that organize their exchange:
In addition, if the theatre has an opportunity:
If you are interested in the Children’s Theatre Exchange program in any way: as PARTICIPANT, SPONSOR, VOLUNTEER, COLLABORATOR, GUEST, please, get in touch with us!